Linggo, Mayo 6, 2012

10 Macho Dancers I Met in Cebu - 4. The Hustler

Let's call him July Michael (JM).  Around 4 years ago, I met, adored and loved him.  He had the height, the good looks and the unique gentlemanly ways I have never seen in any bar-model here in Cebu or anywhere in the Philippines.

When we met, I learned that he is new in the Bar Circuit.  "Modelling" to support his mother and his many siblings after successful but financially unrewarding stints as carpenter and waiter.

JM is gorgeous and has a to-die for body.  But I actually fell for his ways.  A gentleman who always know what to say what and when to say it.  He also has a very unique way of making you feel important.  Service deluxe.  Opens the door for you, carry your bags, and knows what food I'd like to order.  He has mastered "customer service" to an art (or science) form.

A year into the relationship we decided to go semi-exclusive.  In the bar scene, this means he can continue to model and dance every night but he cannot entertain any other customers.  This s-e set-up actually provided a convenient excuse for him.  You see, we go out but never really go out.  We always "hide", preferring to go to the most secluded places in and out of the city.  If going in a hotel, I check-in while he "waits" in the restroom until our room is made.  We do not go to SM or Ayala.  He said, he cannot be seen in public because that is bad for his job.  Actually made sense come to think of it.  At this time, I was not sure whether I wanted to go exclusive.

2010 is when I discovered the real JM thru Facebook.  He was not "new" in the bar circuit.  He was a veteran.  He started as an underwear model in Manila before gay bar hopping in Manila, Olongapo and Davao.  By then he had been doing the gay bar circuit for almost 10 years.  His modus had been the same, introduced himself as innocent and used his chivalrous ways to charm.

By then, I was already madly in love.  So I was not ready to confront him...I did not want him to know that I already know who he was.

Until the day he asked me to go "exclusive".  By then, I was paying for his apartment rent and giving him a sizeable monthly allowance.  Going exclusive means he will stop working at the bar, me continuing to support him but now giving him the equivalent of what he makes in a week (or in a night).  He will be dedicated to me.

I said no, and I actually confronted him about his background.  He never admitted nor denied.  He was enraged.  I felt because I caught him surprised.  I out-hustled him.  The next day he was nowhere to be found.  I tried to locate him for a few months as I learned he is still in Cebu.  But his expertise in dancing and customer service matches his brilliance in hiding.  I have not seen him since.  I heard he has a new semi-exclusive relationship.  Not sure if the customer knows the modus.  Let me check if my request for friend in Facebook has been accepted...



1 komento:

  1. Very intresting to read :) I been to cheetah manymany times and meet many dancers... I understand now I've been a bit naiv about the dancers... haha. Do you think all dancers goals is to find sponsors or just the ones working in the barscene for a long time? But always this talk that they earn soooo little money there, haha, sure... But the less popular dancers, how hard is it for them to survive? Or are there always work "outside" for all dancers? haha sorry for many questions!

    TumugonBurahin