Linggo, Abril 15, 2012

10 Macho Dancers I Met in Cebu - 1. The Student

I claim no expert with Macho Dancers whether in Cebu or elsewhere.  I just have stories to share.  The first time I met a Macho Dancer in Cebu was almost a decade ago, and it was the oddest of circumstances. 

1) A nursing student who wants to finish college.  Change nursing to criminology or accounting, and you know there are many of them.  Students mostly on their 3rd or senior year in college, who lack funds.  Well, nursing is an expensive course with all the labs and the practicum.  A few years ago, I met "Billy", a 3rd-year standing nursing student in a good school in Cebu.  He already stopped schooling for a year, and had to go back to a province in Mindanao to earn a living.  He was not able to save enough money for college tuition - so he ended up at the Night University of Banilad.

He was a dedicated performer as well as a student.  He is one of the few Macho Dancers I know who was able to finish college.  Went to school in the morning worked late nights.  Finish school within 2.5 years after I met him.  I did offer Billy additional financial help.  He did take it, but after working abroad for a year, he returned his "loan".

Billy is a good looking twink.  He was focused on finishing school as he was everytime he disrobes.  I have to be honest and share that I doubted if he was able to finish college.  So I am just happy to be wrong.  To this day, I do not know how he can down 20 macho drinks leave work at 3am, then come to class 5 hours after.  Sheer determination maybe.

2) For every Billy, there are 8-9 Drake's...to be continued

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento